Moonstruck Chocolate Co. and Zupan’s Markets will host two afternoons of inventive chocolate and cheese pairings developed by Moonstruck’s master chocolatier Julian Rose and Zupan’s cheese monger Jeanette Maxey.
Throughout the afternoon gatherings on Dec. 1 and Dec. 8, guests are invited to participate in a complimentary tasting that will include the following decadent chocolate and cheese dishes accompanied by assorted beers and wines:
- - Dried Fig topped with Fromager D’Affinois Soft Cheese sprinkled with sea salt, walnuts and thin milk chocolate cigars. Beer selection: La Trappe Quad Belgian
- - Dark Sea Salt Chocolate with Almond Spread and Pierre Robert Cheese topped with a slice of pear, an almond, a slice of salmon and sprinkled with cracked pepper. Wine selection: Chandon Rose Sparkling Wine
- - Pumpernickel Triangle spread with Pear-Hazelnut Jelly and Delice St. Agur Blue Cheese with salted pistachio garnish and dotted with dark melted chocolate. Wine selection: Brooks 2009 Riesling
- - Delice St. Agur Blue Cheese spread between two Dark Chocolate Coffee Wafers topped with a dollop of pear jelly. Beer selection: Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout
- - Crostini filled with Melted Milk Chocolate with Hot Pepper Wedges garnished with Cave-Aged Gruyere cheese, honey and ground cumin. Wine selection: Dowsett 2011 Gewurztraminer
- - Giant Spoon lined with a Water Cracker topped with Delice du Jura tapenade topped with melted chocolate drizzle and an herb. Wine selection: Luchetti 2010 Lacrima di Morro d’Alba
- - Bellavitano Raspberry Cheese Stick topped with Dark Chocolate Flakes and Sea Salt, drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar. Wine selection: Warres Warrior Port
- - Matiz Crackers Stack with Chili-infused Dark Chocolate, Chianti Jelly, River’s Edge Chevre and a Caper Bud. Wine selection: Borgo Scopeto 2007 Chianti Classico
Chocolate and cheese lovers will have the opportunity to delight in these tasty treats on two occasions:
Saturday, Dec. 1st
- From 3:00 p.m. through 6:00 p.m., Lake Grove Zupan’s Markets (16380 Boones Ferry Rd., Lake Oswego) will host a full-scale walk-around tasting of Moonstruck Chocolate and with cheese from Zupan's Markets.
Saturday, Dec. 8th
- The Lake Oswego Moonstruck Chocolate Café (45 S State Street, Lake Oswego) will host an intimate gathering featuring the same creations from 3:00 p.m. through 6:00 p.m.
Portland Walking Tours - Chocolate Decadence Tour:
Tour includes a stop at the Alder Street Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe, Moonstruck samples and a 10% discount during store visit. Learn More